Saturday, May 1, 2010

East to West. Montreal to Vancouver.


Two weeks ago, Jonathan and I had a great weekend away for me to run in the Cdn 1/2 Marathon Championships in Montreal. Now, we are in Vancouver for me to run in the BMO 1/2 Marathon. Last night we had a lovely dinner in Yaletown with Team Saucony. This afternoon we'll be at the expo for the elite reception, packet pick-up, Saucony booth, and elite Q&A's. We'll likely eat an early dinner and relax for the evening. I am really looking forward to tomorrow - running at 7am then spending the day w/ my close friend, Stacey (and her hubby and daughter). She moved out here 5 years ago and I haven't seen her since. She works with the Canadian Cancer Society, which is near and dear to my heart, having lost both of my parents to cancer (my dad to colon cancer in 1995 and my mom to leukemia in 1997). My family of 8 took a trip to Vancouver, many years ago, and this is my first time back since then. One of my brothers, Kevin (who has an amazing memory) could remember many details about this special trip. As I sit and relax in the hotel, blogging this entry and reading my brother's memories while looking out the window at the city with the mountains behind, I feel blessed and so much peace.

Signing off until tomorrow....Krista, "Marathom Mom".