Friday, March 23, 2012

Mixed Emotions

Pictures:
1. A wonderful friend of mine, Marianne. We ran against each other in highschool and lived together while students at the University of Guelph. At one point we ran cross country together but full-time studies, playing hockey, and having a sick mom was too much for me.
2. Seth is turning 4 this week. He just started hockey. Gotta love the "99" Brantford jersey!
3. Leah having a drink of Eload.
4. Our dear Anita Joy with Seth and Aunt Joyce, 3.5 yrs ago.




For those of you who follow my blog, you will know that last month I had a race, one of my kid's birthday parties, and a funeral...all on the same weekend. Well, this has happened again.

The race. This Sunday is the Around the Bay 30 km Race. I feel I am fit and in great form to have another P.R. The weather is looking superb and I am excited to run. I took my mileage down to 90 km this week so should have some pretty fresh legs. Coach Rick is going to be out on the course, which is great motivation for me!

The birthday party. Seth is turning 4 next week but we are going to celebrate tomorrow with a trip to see the Lorax, and some cake back at home. He's been sick w/ a fever and nasty cough but should be good to go. I'll meet the kids and Jonathan at the theater after the Bay expo (Saucony, Eload, and Brantford Tournament of Races booths - see you there?!). Should be a fun day.

The funeral. Today we said good-bye to our dear Anita. She was my first cousin. We were the same age. I was honoured when asked by my aunt to read her tribute to her daughter. Here are a few quotes that I will always hold dear to my heart:
"Anita was almost 6 weeks old when I noticed a seizure - only seconds in length. I expected that God would heal her but that did not happen until Sunday, March 18, 2012". I got to see Anita three days before she died.
"Romans 8:28 'All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose'. We will never know "why" here on earth, but we have trusted God's sovereignty, love and wisdom". When I lost my parents to cancer I was better able to understand, "Why not me" instead of "Why me". There are many things we may not understand but still continue to trust God.