Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rotterdam .... so exciting!

Well, much has happened in the past week. After last week's 1:47:03 at Hamilton's Around the Bay Race, coach Rick and I had one of those, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" conversations. And, after nearly a week of numerous phone calls and email messages with Athletics Canada and several marathon elite coordinators, I was accepted into the Rotterdam Marathon. WOW! A huge thanks goes to Alan Brookes (Canada Running Series) and Rick Mannen (coach). What these guys did for me was amazing!
So, Jonathan booked my tickets yesterday. I will be getting together w/ fellow Canadian marathoners, Rob Watson and Lanni Marchant who are also taking a stab at the standard. Wow, so exciting.
Well, it's close to 6:00 am, which is time to head out. I'm doing my last 40 km run this morning. Yesterday was a speedy 3 x 2.42 km (8:11, 8:01, 8:03) on the track. Then, one or two more easier workouts and shorter, long run before tapering.