Sunday, July 1, 2012

Not this time ...

As much as I would have been thrilled to have my name on this list with the other athletes representing Canada at the 2012 Olympic Games, it's going to have to wait until 2016.
Lanni and I had our appeal denied by the SDRCC arbitrator this morning.
Am I disappointed, yes. Am I devastated, definitely not.
You just don't know what twists and turns will happen, especially in sports. Read here about yesterday's women's 100 m hurdles at the Track & Field Championships.
God is good, all the time. And I'm quite excited to see what He has planned. But before I write about my future plans, I'm going to chat with Coach Rick and Lanni first. But stay tuned. Like Alan Brookes recently wrote after interviewing me after my Vancouver win, "The performance was a major PB by more than a minute and a half. I’d really like to go to Moscow and run for Canada in the World Championships Marathon next summer. I feel like I’m at a new level now – I just did my first-ever 100 mile week in training — with a lot more to go. You haven’t seen the best of me yet. I’m looking for 5 good years…"
Thanks for your tremendous love and support. 
Loving this life God's given me.Check out this video from last weekend.