Sunday, August 12, 2012

Taking it down a bit

Well, I successfully finished 3 weeks of 160 km/wk and all is well. Long runs were: 35, 42, 34 km and tempo and track intervals were bang-on. Today I enjoyed the day off, which started with me watching Dylan (20th), Eric (22nd) and Reid (27th) run a great race in London. Very proud of those guys! I'm now at my computer, watching the Closing Ceremony.
Here's what I wrote on my FB page, " What a weekend! Celebrated 11 wonderful years married to my best friend, Jonathan DuChene, enjoyed Jacob and Molly G.'s beautiful wedding, saw family from both sides, attended Uncle Bob's memorial and showed our kids my parents' head-stones, watched Eric Gillis, Dylan Wykes, and Reid Coolsaet run amazingly well in the Olympic Marathon, and now watching the Closing Ceremony. I wonder what I will post 4 years from tonight?! (; Blessed and excited!"
I'm taking it down this week, likely running about 120 km as I taper for the Rock the Road 10 km. Looking forward to getting that 10 km time down!