Tuesday, November 13, 2012

a bit more about teams

Coach Rick writes monthly running articles for our local paper. Right now he's doing a few on, "Living with a Runner". Here's a sneak preview for the upcoming November 24th Brantford Expositor.  It's a quote from my husband that brought tears to my eyes when I read it.

"Sometimes when you are very close to something, you lose perspective. My parents, our three children and I watched Krista compete and finish the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Krista is a world class runner and yet in our home she is Mom...diapers, laundry, supper, gets the groceries, and shuttles the kids to and from school. In our house we love her because she is an amazing wife and mother. It's when she steps out the front door that everyone else notices that she also runs really fast!"

Thank you, Jonathan. You are my best teammate!