Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Thank You!


For years I have thought about how to express my gratitude for the amazing support I've received in my running career.  It is terribly difficult to do so in one email, tweet or post so I can only hope that each and everyone of you know how thankful I am. Truly thankful. 
Thank you for: your kindness and believing in me, giving me your time and energy, supporting me financially or otherwise, praying for or thinking of me during the lows, celebrating with me in the highs, allowing me to inspire you, sending notes of encouragement and love, allowing me to speak or be silent, caring for my children, speaking so kindly of my husband and his generosity, cheering for me at races, providing professional expertise, and being a true friend or caring family member. I am blessed, loved, proud, honoured. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
It is well with my soul!
Thank you, 
Krista  

Saucony footwear and apparel.

Eload Sport Nutrition.
Essential Physiotherapy and Wellness


Therapeutic Massage Counsel

David Zulak Registered Massage Therapist 
Smith Optics
Stoked Oats


Dale Draaistra (2nd from left), one of two people to first say, "I think you should try to make the Olympic Team some day".

Paris Runner's Den
Coach Rick Mannen.

Josie Mannen, Coach Rick's Assistant

Lana Furry - one of two people to first say, "I think you should try to make the Olympic Team some day".

Brant Community Church

Family.

Family.

Maureen and Jeanetta - cared for all three children since birth. 

Clayton and James - running and friendship.

Monkey Butter
Liberte. 


#TeamDuChene.


City of Brantford.

Alan Brookes and the Canada Running Series. 

Kiwanis Field.

Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre.



Dale, Mitch, James and Clayton (and their supportive families).
Montreal General Hospital and Brantford General Hospital
Kenyan Kids Foundation.
My absolute #1, Jonathan.
Micah DuChene - leadership and responsibility with or without anyone around. 

Seth DuChene - caring, supporting and willing to make coffee! 

Leah DuChene - obedient and helpful even when it's tiring. 

Maple Grove 
Celine Tuttle - childcare.
Sue Spence - stretching, breathing, and friendship.

Millards

Heather Tuttle - childcare and always ready, willing and able to help #TeamDuChene.

Mr. Tony - good family friend and loving dog sitter.  



Ben Kaplan and iRun Magazine

My one and only big sister, Janna.
Grammy and Grampa.
100 Huntley St. - opportunity to share my story.

Special and generous friends who know me well. 

Essential Physio.

Surprises from friends and family. Thanks, Jennifer and Kenneth!



Some answers and links to common questions:
1. What is Rule 40 (click here) ? 
2. Women's Marathon is August 14 at 8:30 am (EST). 
5. Athletics Canada will not be at the August 5 Opening Ceremony. Look for at the Closing Ceremony, August 21!
7. Brant Community Church also hosting an event:
"Note change of Sunday service on August 14th.... The Yugo team is hosting a light breakfast as we cheer on Krista DuChene at the olympics.
The Live Stream will be set up in the Community Room starting at 8:30 am. The service will follow the event.Free will offering will be taken for Yugo Missions."